(World Bank, 2020)
Investing in the Caribbean is a Strategic Choice
20 Apr 2023
From 2015 - 2019, Caribbean islands were among the top recipients of foreign direct investment (FDI) in the world. In 2021 alone, $134 billion was invested in Latin America and the Caribbean. There is unlimited investment potential here with strategic benefits that include:
- Stable government policy
- One of the world's most educated populations
- Pre-built and shovel-ready sites
- Direct flights from Europe and the U.S.
- English is the region’s primary language but French, Spanish, German and Chinese are also common
- More affordable than the U.S.
- Beautiful and active outdoor recreation opportunities make it enjoyable to live and do business here
As income and education levels continue to rise across the Caribbean the demand for local products continues to grow. This, in addition to the ability to serve millions of tourists annually, creates incredible opportunities for investors in the manufacturing, agriculture, technology, and tourism sectors. In addition, the Caribbean’s educated, multilingual workforce is ideal for business process outsourcing and healthcare companies. The Caribbean Investment Monitor highlights countries within the Caribbean and various investment opportunities. We encourage you to reach their Country Investment Profiles for more specific information.